Monday, May 28, 2012

Turkey Feathers for Decoration??

Happy Memorial Day!  I hope you all had a fantastic weekend!!  As for me, I got to go junkin at 2 different flea markets, now that's my kind of weekend!

I have had this turkey feather for over 22 years.  It's actually very near and dear to my heart.  My grandpa brought it to me in the hospital when I was in 2nd grade and had to have my appendix out.  I spent an entire week in the hospital and he brought me this special feather to make me feel better.  Needless to say, turkey feathers don't always go with my decor, but I've held onto it for sentimental reasons.  

I was inspired by this vignette at one of the flea markets, so I set out to create one of my own.  (Sorry the pic is a little blurry, it was a walk-by photo op.) 

What a perfect way to display the feather!  My vignette is not completely finished, but here is the sneak peak.  I'm loving the tiny bird cage I picked up.  So, what do you think about the turkey feather for decor?  Does it look silly sticking out of the bird cage?

 I also wanted to brag about mention another fun thing I found.  I initially sought this out for the wooden, antique box.  Who knew the box came with the treasures inside??  Check out the collection of antique metal shoe molds in a bunch of different sizes from big to tiny!  I think they look adorable displayed in the Eclipse Cobbler box!  This will be for sale soon, but if you're interested, email me.  It would look fantastic as a centerpiece on a table with all the shoe molds peaking out.


What did you do this weekend?  Did you remember to take some time to thank a Veteran and pray for our troops?  I would personally like to thank my Dad and my Grandpa.  Without them, this world would be a different place.  

No comments:

Post a Comment